Friday, July 29, 2005

On The Day Before

I don't have much to write tonight. All I have to say really is that I'm looking forward to noon tomorrow and a live feed on NHL.com from Ottawa.

I'm not so much interested in who the Lightning get in the draft. We have the last pick in the first round, not to mention our building days are pretty much over for a while. We just won a Stanley Cup. What I'm interested in is whether the Pens really will take Crosby. I mean, sure he's good and everyone's just assuming, but you never know.

I'd also be interested to see if Anaheim does deal away the second overall pick. I know for sure the Panthers would be interested after getting so unlucky they get one of the last picks, second only to the Lightning.

They picked up Eric Cairns after his disastrous plays cost the Islanders the opening round series of the 2004 playoffs against Tampa Bay. But I'm pretty sure the Ducks aren't interested. They do have new owners now.

Disney gave them up, basically because they missed the playoffs completely the year after going to the Stanley Cup finals. Also they were hemhorraging cash. That tended to happen to a lot of hockey teams back then. Hopefully the new CBA has repaired that a little.

But back to the draft. If you watch it tomorrow when it starts, the names you should expect to hear early on include, but are not limited to, Jack Johnson, Bobby Ryan, Luc Bourdon, Gilbert Brule, Benoit Pouliot, Carey Price, Tyler Plante, Anze Kopitar, Martin Hanzal, Jakub Vojta, Tuukka Rask, Ondrej Pavelec Ondrej, and quite possibly Sidney Crosby. Possibly.

I'll be here some time after it's over to talk about it.

You know, if you have any interest whatsoever.




Number 87   This is the guy you should expect to see being handed a Pittsburgh Penguins jersey tomorrow afternoon to kick off the 2005 NHL Entry Draft. NHL.com is carrying it live everywhere but Canada. You guys have TSN and what not, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home